Those who reside in Nebo School District may have questions about their recent 2021 Property Tax Notice. Please be aware of the following:
- Nebo School District is proposing to reduce the total tax rate from .008749 last year down to .008694 this year and this new rate is the lowest in over ten years.
- Property values are assessed by the Utah County Assessor.
- Nebo School District is going through Truth-in-Taxation to set a portion of the tax rate known as the “Voted Local Levy” at a proposed rate of .001170. In 2009, voters authorized the Nebo School District to set this rate at up to .001300.
- With the proposed tax rate of .008694, a homeowner in Nebo School District will see a 2.69% increase to their tax payment to Nebo School District over the amount they would pay if the District did not go through Truth-in-Taxation.
In short, the total Nebo School District tax rate for last year was .008749 and the proposed total Nebo School District tax rate for this year is .008694. Therefore, if you are paying an increased dollar amount it is because the assessed value of your property increased.
NOTICE OF PROPOSED TAX INCREASE
NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT
The NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT is proposing to increase its property tax revenue.
- The NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT tax on a $355,000 residence would increase from $1,119.95 to $1,155.49, which is $35.54 per year.
- The NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT tax on a $355,000 business would increase from $2,036.28 to $2,100.89, which is $64.61 per year.
- If the proposed budget is approved, NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT would increase its property tax budgeted revenue by 5.63% above last year’s property tax budgeted revenue excluding eligible new growth.
All concerned citizens are invited to a public hearing on the tax increase.
Date/Time: 8/11/2021 6:00 p.m.
Location: District Office, 350 South Main Street, Spanish Fork
To obtain more information regarding the tax increase, citizens may contact NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT at 801-354-7400.
|TNT Advertisement 7 21.pdf